GENESIS and the promises of GOD.
- God made man in his image, in his likeness, and gave him dominion over the earth and all its creatures (1:26-28).
- God blessed the descendants of Abraham, and all peoples on earth have been blessed through them (12:2-3; 18:18).
- When we believe the Lord, he credits it to us as righteousness (15:6).
- God established his covenant with Abraham and greatly increased his numbers, so that he became a father of many nations (17:2, 5).
- Nothing is too hard for the Lord (18:14).
- God chose Abraham, “so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him” (18:19).
- The Judge of all the earth will always do right (18:25).
- God promised to bless Abraham and make his descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Through his offspring, all nations on earth would be blessed, because he obeyed God (22:17-18).