Monday, August 10, 2009
Thursday, August 06, 2009
But you must REALLY listen.
No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response.
THE GIFT OF AFFECTION...
Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and
handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.
THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER...
Funny pictures. Share articles, funny stories and funny greetings. Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."
THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE...
It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet.
A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.
THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT...
A simple and sincere, "You look great in red," "You did a super
job" or "That was a wonderful meal" can make someone's day.
THE GIFT OF A FAVOR...
Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.
Helping elderly cross the road can be nice.
THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE...
There are times when we want nothing better than to be left
alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.
THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION...
The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to
someone, really it's not that hard to say, Hello or Thank You.
Monday, August 03, 2009
1. Your presence is a present to the world.
2. You're unique and one of a kind.
3. Your life can be what you want it to be.
4. Take the days just one at a time.
5. Count your blessings, not your troubles.
6. You'll make it through whatever comes along.
7. Within you are so many answers.
8. Understand, have courage, be strong.
9. Don't put limits on yourself.
10. So many dreams are waiting to be realized.
11. Decisions are too important to leave to chance.
12. Reach for your peak, your goal, and your prize.
13. Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
14. The longer one carries a problem, the heavier it gets.
15. Don't take things too seriously.
16. Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.
17. Remember that a little love goes a long way.
18. Remember that a lot . . . goes forever.
19. Remember that friendship is a wise investment.
20. Life's treasures are people . . . together.
21. Realize that it's never too late.
22. Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
23. Have health and hope and happiness.
24. Take the time to wish upon a star.
And don't ever forget . . .
For even a day . . .
How very special you are.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
- Should your husband come home and tell you that he has decided that he no longer loves you and wants a divorce, remember: The Lord is the one who sustains you. The Lord keeps you alive. The Lord will keep you from falling.
- If you receive a notice that your company is not immune to impact of the economic crisis and layoffs may be unavoidable, remember: The Lord is the one who sustains you. The Lord keeps you alive. The Lord will keep you from falling.
- If you find yourself alone in an empty house with no place to go and no one to talk to, remember: The Lord is the one who sustains you. The Lord keeps you alive. The Lord will keep you from falling.
- If you are forced to accept that the dream you have dreamed your whole life is probably never going to come true, remember: The Lord is the one who sustains you. The Lord keeps you alive. The Lord will keep you from falling.
- If you find yourself discouraged, defeated, and deserted, remember: The Lord is the one who sustains you. The Lord keeps you alive. The Lord will keep you from falling.